Why use Henna on your hair?


Hello everyone, my name is Sheena, better known as 'Sheena The Henna Queen'.  I've been using Henna on my hair for over a year now, and I have to tell you, I love it! I will never go back to chemical dyes again.. The all natural benefits are amazing, and believe me, you're going to love all the body Henna gives your hair. Here are some questions I get when telling people about Henna. I will do a video on these questions soon, but for those of you who like the book better then the movie, here it is!

What exactly is Henna?   

Why do you use Henna on your hair?

Isn't Henna supposed to be for your body?

What products do you like the best, and why?

1. What is Henna?  Henna (Lawsonia Inermis) is a woody shrub that thrives in hot and arid climates. The henna plant produces extremely fragrant and delicate flowers, which have been used in perfumes since ancient times. The leaves of the henna plant are harvested, dried, and then ground into a fine powder. This lovely silken green powder is made into a paste and can be used as body art, or to dye hair, and nails.

If you are interested in learning the history of Henna, and seeing how far back people have been using it, click on this link. http://www.hennabysienna.com/henna-in-the-ancient-world.html

2. Why do I use Henna on my hair? Let's start off with saying I have natural dark blonde hair. However I've  always loved red hair, so I started dying it red with chemical dyes for many many years. If any of you have ever dyed your hair red with chemical dyes, you know how hard it is to maintain. I was spending a lot of money to keep my red hair looking nice. One day while in the shower after dying my hair with the chemical dye, chunks of hair started coming out of my head. Every time I ran my hands through my hair, I'd have a hand full of hair! Needless to say I was a bit freaked out. So after that experience, I started to do my research on more natural hair dyes. That is when I found Henna. Because I wanted red hair Henna was a perfect match for me because 100% Henna always dyes red. It has all natural benefits. Keeps my hair looking natural, and has very little upkeep because Henna sticks to the follicles of your hair. It will fade over time, but not like chemical dyes. Henna gives my hair more body, and keeps it looking it's best. I love all that comes along with using Henna! There are no negatives really, except for the mess it makes when applying :).

3. Isn't Henna used for body art? The answer is yes. Henna is used widely around the world as body art. It gives you a tattoo without the pain of a needle, and after a few weeks the tattoo will actually go away. I am not a Henna art expert, but I do hope to do some videos for you all on me giving myself a henna tattoo. Because Henna is a plant with the ability to dye skin, it can also be used to dye hair, or nails. There are different things you can add to Henna to change the color.  Red is just 100% all natural henna with nothing added. You can make the color more vibrant by adding things like lemon juice, or red wine vinegar, but even without that, you'll still get a beautiful red color.  You can add indigo to make it darker, and salt to hold in the brown colors. There is a lot of combinations you can add to get your desired look. Which brings me to the last question.

4. What products do I like best and why? Well being that I have been using Henna for a long time, I've tried many different brands 'all body art quality henna'.  Instead of going through all the ones I did not like, I'd rather tell you about the winner and the only Henna product I use on my hair now. The reason is because this brand mixes all the colors for you. So if I want a darker red, I don't have to play around and experiment with different ingredients to get the right combo. They have already done it for me.  The winner of my Henna challenge is Henna King.  By far the best Henna products on the market. Their products are easy to mix, go on hair so much smoother than other brands, and the Henna is very fresh. You can see and smell the difference. Their Henna comes out looking good every time I've used it, and I won't use any other Henna product on my hair.  I currently use Henna Maiden Natural Red by Henna King. After using so many others, Henna Maiden made my hair brighter, and I loved how much easier it was to mix and apply.

If you have any Henna question or want to know more about where to get your Henna King products message me.

Stay tuned for the video response to these questions, and watch for more updates!

0 comments:

Post a Comment